In terms of UI, when adding a sub-navigation item, the sub navigation design options are presented in a dedicated tab. See the screenshot below.
New alignment (“snapping”) capabilities and the usage of rulers allow both professional designers and non-professional users to design sites faster with more precision. The user-experience was dramatically improved to the level of a modern design software. Alignment of elements in DudaOne, horizontally, vertically, and center, are guided via a simple usage of snapping and colored rulers. Alignment is not limited to a specific container and is supported across the whole viewport. In general, two or more items can be aligned:
- Horizontally (left, right, center) within the same column.
- Vertically (top, bottom, center) within the same row and different columns.
- Horizontally (left, right, center) within different rows.
Rulers are presented when moving an element in its container, or when resizing the element. The aligned elements are marked with a colored-border. An element may be aligned to more than one other element, depends on the specific use-case. Note that alignment is supported in the views of the three different devices (desktop, tablet, mobile).
We upgraded the image picker component which is integrated into the platform. The new version:
- Has better capabilities when uploading big sets of images, allowing the users to edit the list of images from multiple sources before they are actually uploaded.
- Works faster.
- Has a modern design and is more user-friendly.
- Can now upload SVG images. Users cannot change the SVG image color, but can resize the image without losing image quality.
Sticky header is now available for all users.
Controlling row’s parallax behavior is now available for all users.
A significant work has been done in order to improve performance and overall UX. We have managed to cover the following areas:
- Templates page loading time.
- Editor loading time.
- Switching between devices.
See below a performance comparison of the new version vs. the old one (measurements were taken from Tel-Aviv). This is not a full benchmark, real values might depend on the geolocation of the user, type of machine, operating system, browser, and network speed - but it might provide a visualization of our achievements in those areas.
A small improvement to design-time URLs. We have added the specific page name to the URL. It allow users to:
- Share a direct link to a specific page in design-time (for example, in case two staff users in the same account would like to share a link to a specific page).
- When refreshing the editor, the same page will be opened (rather than opening the homepage by default in the older version).
This feature was delayed due to some technical problems and is now ready for general usage. As a reminder, a collision warning is presented as in in-app message in DudaOne editor, in-case a user opens a site while another user is editing it at the same time. For more information see the release notes for sprint 61